Enthusiastic and caring volunteers are an essential part of our team.
We need people to help with our services, administration and fundraising. There’s a huge range of inspiring ways you could help – from reading to our service users and giving talks to community groups, to helping with mailings and getting involved in social events.
Volunteering is fun; it’s inspiring and rewarding, and gives you the opportunity to do something really worthwhile and meet like-minded new people at the same time. You might want to make a difference to the local community, gain new skills or build your CV. Or you might be as passionate as us about wanting to help people with learning disabilities live happy and fulfilled lives.
Whatever your reason, we’d love you to join us. People of all ages and experience volunteer for us. You’ll need bucket loads of enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and be committed to our cause. In return you’ll reap the rewards of knowing you’ve helped some of the most vulnerable people in our local community.
What you’ll get:
• Ongoing training and development
• A greater understanding of health and social care
• Access to supervision when you need it
• Our commitment of equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity in all areas of our organisation
We’ll need you to:
• Commit to a minimum time of 6 months volunteering as we invest time and resources in our volunteers
• Be reliable, professional and willing to be a part of our team
• Be respectful of our service users and of the work we do
• Be willing to provide 2 referees and complete an enhanced DBS check for all of our volunteering opportunities
Find out more about: