Location – Trafford
Stockdales is a local charity based in Sale, just south of Manchester City Centre. We have over 60 years’ experience supporting children and adults with learning and physical disabilities to live life to the full. The support includes working in people own homes and helping individuals to take part in their local community. To make this happen, shift work is essential and includes working early morning, after school weekends and school holidays.
What We Want:
Stockdales makes the kind of life most people take for granted accessible for everyone we work with. We want caring and compassionate Domiciliary Support Workers to help people with learning and physical disabilities with all aspects of daily living including personal care, emotional needs and social interaction.
You will support service users to develop and maintain relationships and to take part in their community, whilst helping with any personal care needs.
We ask that you are:
- Self-motivated with the ability to use your own initiative
- Able to listen, communicate clearly and build positive working relationships
- Able to care and support to service users with aspects of their daily living in a manner that respects their dignity, is non-judgmental and promotes their independence, choices and privacy
- An excellent time keeper and reliable
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
- Committed to training.
Desirable but not essential criteria:
- QCF Level 2 or above
What’s in it for you?
- Mileage paid to and from visits
- Time paid for travel in between visits
- A supportive working environment with other like-minded, committed and passionate team members
- 28 days holiday per year (pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Enhanced pay for Bank holidays and Night Shifts
- Pension Scheme
- “Simply Health” scheme after one year of qualifying service
- A comprehensive induction and refresher training package which is added to regularly
- Annual Salary Reviews
|Job Category||All Listings|
|Salary||£17,745 - £19,890 per annum|