Support Worker Progressing to Senior Support Worker
Stockdales is a local charity based in Sale, just south of Manchester City Centre. We have over 60 years’ experience supporting people with learning and physical disabilities to live life to the full.
We’re delighted to help over 200 children, young people and adults, their families and carers every year.
What We Want:
Stockdales makes the kind of life most people take for granted accessible for everyone we work with. We want caring and compassionate Senior Support Workers to help people with learning and physical disabilities with all aspects of daily living including personal care, emotional needs and social interaction.
You will work as part of a care and support team and work in a variety of settings such as; residential services, community support services, clubs and within service users’ own homes.
We ask that you are:
- Self-motivated with the ability to use your own initiative
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Can demonstrate the ability to show warmth, compassion, showing respect and dignity to others at all times
- Have a genuine desire to progress within the care industry
- Basic IT Skills – Microsoft Word
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Good maths skills
- Committed to training
Desirable but not essential criteria:
- QCF Level 2 or above
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to your own vehicle
This is a fantastic opportunity for those who have a genuine desire to progress within the care industry. We are a reputable, longstanding charity and specialists in complex needs.
What’s in it for you?
- A supportive working environment with other like-minded, committed and passionate team members
- 28 days holiday per year (pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Enhanced pay for Bank holidays and Night Shifts
- Pension Scheme
- “Simply Health” scheme after one year of qualifying service
- A comprehensive induction and refresher training package which is added to regularly
- Annual Salary Reviews
|Job Category||All Listings|
|Salary||£17,160 – £19,110, depending upon experience|